A BYU sports blog

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Preview: EagleBank Bowl - Wake Forest v. Navy

I've seen a bit of both of these teams and I'm not going to lie, I love watching Riley Skinner. This quarterback for Wake Forest really is something special. There's something about the way he does everything, it just always seems magical and fantastic. I get a similar feeling watching him to my days of watching Doug Flutie in the pros. His play just reminds you that football is a very fun sport and that's why it's so enjoyable to watch. Of course Navy has a pretty special guy to watch as well, Shun White. Shun is incredible! I love watching a strong running game and Shun definitely brings that. He's a very explosive back with great strength. Navy led the nation in rushing yards per game, thanks mostly to this young man. Expect a big game out of him because he always brings a big game.

This game is a rematch, which is an usual circumstance for a bowl game. Navy won that contest 24-17. It was a rather ugly game for the Demon Deacons as Reilly Skinner threw 4 interceptions, he only has 7 on the season. Obviously a bit of a fluke, but there certainly is the potential that the Midshipmen have his number. I think this Wake offense is going to prove too powerful for Navy in the long run and I don't expect them to repeat the mistakes they made the first time around.

My pick: Wake Forest. I don't really expect this to be as tight of a game as it was last time. I'm thinking it will be a double digit victory for Wake. It should still be a lot of fun, but the Demon Deacons will give the Midshipmen hell.

Here's a list of previews for the game: ESPN, Yahoo/Rivals, SI.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment