A BYU sports blog

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Preview: The magicJack St. Petersberg Bowl - Memphis v. South Florida

First of all, can anybody tell me what on earth magicJack is? I sure don't know.

Wow, this looks like another game that really is pretty bad. I didn't know Memphis even did anything outside of basketball. South Florida had two rather strong seasons but this year has really turned out to be a complete disappointment. I haven't seen much of either of these teams and don't think I want to. That being said, South Florida has quietly played some rather good defense ranking 13th in yards per game. Normally I'd say that's nothing to sneeze at in the Big East because the Big East plays pretty good offense. However, the Big East has done absolutely nothing. It's an ugly conference that can't even play offense anymore.

My pick: South Florida. The Bulls have a history of playing pretty strong so I don't expect the Tigers to really even put up a fight. While I do discount the USF defense quite a bit, I still think it will be enough to overpower Memphis. Also, this is virtually a home game for the Bulls. That should make a difference.

Here's a list of previews for the game: ESPN, Yahoo/Rivals.com, SI.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment