A BYU sports blog

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Preview: The Pioneer Las Vegas Bowl - BYU v. University of Arizona

OK, so if you know me at all, you already know my pick. It's not just because I'm a BYU homer either. This offense is really rather impressive. Although I want to gouge my eyes out watching Max Hall play. He has no clue what he is doing, it's completely the great offensive weapons he has. I hope I don't have to endure another season of watching his poor decision making and favoring of Austin Collie and Dennis Pitta. I understand completely, those guys are great players. That being said, that means everybody else should be wide open because honestly there's a number of other players that are pretty darn good on this offense as well. I really don't know a lot about Arizona. There's a lot of comparison of their offense with BYU, which certainly is what defines BYU. But BYU is 2-0 on Pac-10 teams this season (although they were two of the worst). I suppose this game comes down to whoever has their defense show up. I think both offenses are going to show up to play and score a lot of points. The over-under is set at 59, I'd take the over.

My pick: BYU. The Cougar offense is just going to be a little too much for Arizona. While the Wildcats' offense will probably echo BYU for a large part, I expect the BYU defence to rally behind a successful offense.

Here's a list of previews for the game: ESPN, Yahoo/Rivals.com, SI.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment